This Listen Up! PSA for Change activity & project also includes:
Challenge scholars to speak up about a topic by creating a public service announcement or social media blitz about an issue they feel passionate about. Have them research their issues, then decide the best way to take their messages to the wider community by producing ads or other media about the topic.
- Have learners create social media campaigns around a particular issue
- Develop a public service announcement on problems facing the school or community with class members
- Pupils need access to technology and research materials to produce PSAs or social media campaigns
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Project is easy to adapt and flexible
- Materials include rubrics and check-in reports to help build in accountability and assessment