This Little Theater and American Avant Garde: Crash Course Theater #40 video also includes:
When it comes to quality theater, Americans were tardy to the party. A video on early American theater, number 40 on the Crash Course Drama and Theater playlist, shares information about plays during the early 20th century. Discussions of Eugene O'Neil's life and work and the little theater movement make up a bulk of the video. Also includes a summary of the play Trifles.
- Look at theater of 18th and 19th century America and compare to the plays mentioned in the video
- Craft mini biographies of famous playwrights from the early 20th century
- Requires some knowledge of theater history to fully appreciate the content
- Brings in humor to make the video more engaging
- Uses images to enhance the information
- Narrator speaks quickly and proves difficult to follow at times; therefore, pause the video frequently to check for understanding