AP Calculus classes follow along as a video tutorial explains the process of determining the location of local maximum and minimum. The instructor first finds the derivative using the Quotient Rule. After finding the critical values, he determines the behavior within each interval to locate the local maximum.
- Pair the video with the video in the series discussing absolute maximum and minimums
- Require graph work for each problem
- Access to graphing calculator technology is important for this lesson
- Uses a graph to verify the analytical results
- Instructor does not have the correct notes with him to work the problem fully during the tutorial, so he improvises