This Logic of Algebra lesson plan also includes:
Don't just go through the steps to solve an algebraic equation, show learners how to balance an equation with visual models. The packet introduces the idea of mobile balances to reinforce the idea that both sides must match to make the equation functional. The teacher guide provides insight into the material as well as additional worksheets.
- Use the worksheets in the teacher's guide for more specific practice
- While the worksheet attached shows the teacher's guide at the end, it does not contain all the pages listed in the resource
- These documents are samples from a large packet and do not include all the pages shown in the table of contents
- Shows why we solve an equation by balancing before going straight into the algebraic steps
- While explanations are provided, the answer keys are not