This Lossy Compression and File Formats lesson plan also includes:
I'm compressed. Groups do a rapid research of different file types to determine what kind of compression the formats use and how it works. They share their information with the rest of the class until everyone has all the information for each file format.
- Have multiple groups research the same file format and then confer before sharing results
- Take the same picture and save it as different file formats and compare the file size
- While working in groups, make sure everyone is contributing
- The fifth lesson in a unit of 15
- The video is from a previous lesson, so you can skip to the portion that refers to lossy compression
- Includes a matching assessment in order to gauge individuals' understanding