Form follows function, from simple bacteria to complex mammals. Demonstrate this essential standard, LS1A, using the tips in a short video about the Next Generation Science Standards. Topics include when to introduce cells and organelles into the discussion and how to approach feedback systems within organisms.
- Work the idea of using images of organisms to pick out structures and their functions into your day one plan
- Partner with life science teachers in the grades around yours to create a unified method of teaching the standard
- As structure and function is the foundation for many other concepts, plan adequate time to introduce the topic and revisit it often
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Narrator gives excellent pacing structure for all ages
- Content focuses on building upon prior knowledge throughout each grade level