This Lucky Cow activity & project also includes:
Cutting the cheese isn't a joke. Scholars observe a wedge of cheese and must determine how to cut it in half horizontally. They apply their knowledge of sectors to determine the most accurate way to slice the cheese.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Remind students they must cut it horizontally, not vertically
- Discuss which piece of information given wasn't necessary to solve the problem
- Relies on prior knowledge of circles, sectors, and area
- Individuals solve with area, volume, or trigonometry
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes