Tap your toes and give a snap to a jazz inspired song showcasing a paragraph's main idea. Pupils hear about a paragraph's structure, including its topic sentence, supporting details, and the conclusion, and how they relate to identifying the main idea.
- Hook learners with a song; begin instruction playing a music video
- Take musical brain breaks when scholars are in need of a instructional pause
- Further instruction about the main idea is required, particularly main idea location
- An ad appears around 10 seconds into the video
- Paragraph elements are highlighted when the song sings their definition
- The example paragraph gets the pojnt across, but it is not the strongest of writing samples
- Graphics appear old when compared to more recent videos