Encourage pupils to design an election plan for the entire school. They participate in a Board of Elections, create polling rules, discuss election controversies, write questions about the issues, run the election through an online platform, and analyze the results.
- Use the research section as essay-writing assignments to help learners think critically on an individual level
- Add a reflection activity after the results of the voting to discuss as a class
- Amount of time to complete the lesson depends on your individual class
- Recommended as a part of a larger unit on democracy and elections
- Builds a sense of community
- Addresses data tracking, data analysis, communication, technology, project management, and creative skills
- Collaborative activity makes instruction memorable