This Making Sense of Sensors activities & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Have small groups in your class construct working hygrometers as an example of the benefits of using sensors in engineering. This instructional activity can be used during a weather unit when covering humidity or in a STEM instructional activity as a preparation for learning how to use specific sensing equipment.
- Constructing a working apparatus provides youngsters with a sense of accomplishment
- Adaptable to Common Core standards for science and technical subjects
- Meets Next Generation Science Standards for middle school engineering
- Thoroughly written teacher's notes and student handouts make the lesson procedures clear
- Though the publisher states that this lesson can be used for a broad range of age levels, the reading level and activity complexity are best for middle school