This Man of La Mancha: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
It's the end of the sixteenth century in the middle of the Spanish Inquisition when a group of prisoners decides to dramatize the story of Don Quixote. A study guide provides a summary and other important information about the play Man of La Mancha and discusses common themes found in the text. As part of the guide, theater goers complete activities including an anticipation guide and a review of the performance.
- As class members to listen to songs from the musical Man of La Mancha and decide where the songs would best fit in the stage play
- Give participants the Spectrum of Difference handout before learning about the play, collect the sheets, return them after attending the play, and asks leaners to see if their views have changed
- Content is rated PG-13 for language, alcohol use, and other mature themes
- Provides a handout on the historical background of the play
- Offers pre- and post-viewing activities
- Contains information that pertains to an old performance by Orlando Shakespeare Theater