Meet a tiny shrimp that packs quite a wallop! Get to know the mantis shrimp and the amazing one-two punch it delivers to prey with a video from an engaging physics playlist. Junior biologists examine fun shrimp facts, such as why it has adapted to have the punching behavior, what organisms it preys upon, and how cavitation increases the shrimp's odds of scoring a meal.
- Make the video the focal point of a mantis shrimp study or as an introduction to the physics concept of cavitation
- Learn more about the mantis shrimp, plus access a cool infographic to use in class, courtesy of the National Aquarium
- Assumes the class understands the relationship between, speed, force, and acceleration
- Stunning mantis shrimp video footage allows viewers to gain a better understanding of their unique features
- The explanation of cavitation is clear and concise