This Marbles interactive also includes:
Grab some marbles from a bag. The applet simulates drawing marbles from a bag. Pupils determine the number of four colors of marbles in a bag and how many marbles to draw. Using information on whether order matters in the draw and if marbles are replaced, the interactive provides the theoretical probabilities and the experimental probabilities based on the number of trials.
- Lead a discussion on how to find permutations and combinations
- Individuals should be familiar with probability
- Expects the class has knowledge of independent and dependent events
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes directions on how to use the applet and its limitations
- Contains links to related resources