Are you ready to learn fractions...the Martha Crunch way? Young learners will pump up their math skills with this practice skills activity, in which they color a series of shapes and identify how many of the total number have been filled.
44 Views 37 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- In addition to the sample problem provided on the first page, model for learners how to color and count shapes when they are separated (as they are in some of the worksheet problems)
- Consider incorporating hands-on manipulatives to further illustrate the concept
- Several problems given to practice skill of calculating fractions
- Prompts learners to take a more active role in calculating (rather than only counting, they will also be in charge of coloring in)
- Image quality is a bit fuzzy
- No answer key included