This Master Craftsman: Use of Literary Devices in Edgar Allan Poe's Short Stories lesson plan also includes:
Make the writing process a breeze for literary lovers. Scholars identify literary elements in Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart. They then choose their own short story from Edgar Allan Poe and repeat the processes independently. The final product is an informational writing piece describing literary elements supported by text evidence.
- Pair readers who choose the same short story to discuss their ideas together
- Downloads require creating a free account
- Some of Poe's stories refer to dark topics, such as murder
- Suggests extension activities
- Includes activities for all parts of the reading process (pre-reading, active reading, post reading)