This Matching the Motion activity & project also includes:
It is not always easy to walk the straight and narrow. In the sixth portion of a nine-part unit, groups actively recreate a graph depicting motion. Individuals walk toward or away from a motion detector while trying to match a given graph. They determine the slope and equation for each segment of the graph.
- Have one group create a graph using the CBL and another group try to recreate it
- The activity requires access to CBL motion detector for each group
- Either set up the equipment prior to class time or give the directions to groups to have them set everything up
- The activity gets the class moving, making this a kinesthetic activity
- Group members determine the appearance of a graph based upon movement before using the CBL