Make sure your class stays up with the times using this series of math newsletters. Including word problems that cover topics ranging from consumer math and symmetry to graphing and probability, these worksheets are a fun way to challenge the problem solving skills of your young mathematicians.
- Pass out a newsletter at the beginning of each week, having the class work on them as a warm-up activity or when they finish their classwork early
- After completing the exercises, allow children to correct their answers with a partner, discussing any mistakes or misunderstandings they have
- These worksheets are intended for use in the third grade, but some of the problems are challenging and may be best suited for fourth or fifth graders
- A total of ten newsletters are included in this collection, each one offering eight or nine problems
- The newsletters provide children with problem solving strategies, hints, and goal setting tips
- Provided with each newsletter is an answer key that explains the solutions to the problems