This Maurya Connections activity also includes:
While many can name important European explorers, the Maurya empire and its role in building global trade is often neglected in world history curricula. Expand teaching on ancient India topic. Resource set includes ancient texts, such as the Bhagavad Gita, and photographs of archeological evidence of the empire's influence throughout Eurasia. A scaffolded activity improves pupils' skills analyzing complicated texts with challenging vocabulary.
- Offer to diversify content on global connections of the ancient era
- Learners need background on basic concepts of Hinduism
- Resource includes helpful sensitivity guidance when discussing the religious beliefs of Hindus today
- Resource includes helpful background information to prep for class
- Included activity is versatile for many lessons on the content area