From Cinco de Mayo to Endangered Species day to National Hamburger Month, May is full of ideas to write about. Give young writers prompts that have everything to do with the month of May. Topics include writing a story, conducting research, making a brochure, and reflecting on the school year.
- As a class, brainstorm words that have to do with each prompt to get creative juices flowing
- Set clear expectations for punctuation and grammar ahead of time
- Resource is included in a three-part series of spring writing prompts
- Some of the prompts require conducting research to write about the topic; reserve time in the computer lab or have pupils do the research for homework, ensuring everyone has Internet access
- Comes with seven writing prompts
- Offers a variety of structured writing to learners