This Media and Money: Crash Course Media Literacy #5 video also includes:
Money talks ... especially in the media world! How do finances influence the media we see? Answer that, and many other questions using a video in a media literacy series. The narrator discusses how economic reasons influence media creation, why stereotypes in TV and film perpetuate, and how social media is changing the face of media creators.
- Have pupils describe a stereotype they see often in films or TV series they watch
- Assign a research project where individuals create a presentation that introduces their favorite media personalities from the Internet, TV, or film
- The video, fifth in the series, covers some sensitive issues in regards to race, gender, and sexual orientation; schedule a quick chat with an administrator to make them aware of the content
- The resource provides an honest look at the relationship between financial means and media creation
- Historical perspectives give viewers a clear understanding of how media has evolved since the invention of radio and television