This Meet the Naturalists lesson plan also includes:
Studying plants is a full-time job—for some. After learning the ins and outs of phenology in the first three lessons in the unit, pupils explore the history of the science. The instructional activity highlights five historical phenologists and their work, as well as the significance of their findings on the world of plants.
- Invite a naturalist from the area to speak about their work
- Assign each of the historical naturalists to a group to research
- Expects a solid understanding of the science of phenology
- Fourth lesson of the six-part series
- Includes all necessary information and handouts
- Provides links to additional resources