This Merely Players lesson plan also includes:
Disguises and role playing are the focus of a resource that uses Shakespeare’s As You Like It, Twelfth Night, and Henry IV, Part I, to demonstrate how we all play many parts in our lives; how we all are “merely players.” The many activities ask class members to work in groups, pairs, and individually to create roles and reflect on the implications for the characters and themselves. A wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful, wonderful resource.
- Carefully scaffolded to meet stated learning objectives
- Can be used as a stand-alone lesson or as an introduction to a unit on one of Shakespeare's plays
- Provides links to additional resources including performance videos and Shakespeare's Facebook page
- Culminating activities asks participants to make text-to-self connections
- A Facebook membership is required to view William Shakespeare's Facebook Page
- Video segments require an in-classroom Internet connection