This Merry Wives of Windsor: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
What does the character Falstaff mean when he says "I was beaten myself into all the colors of the rainbow"? Using the Merry Wives of Windsor curriculum guide, scholars unlock meaning by paraphrasing lines from the play. Pupils also write reviews and play Shakespeare Taboo.
- Have learners research and present about a cultural topic related to the play
- Assumes familiarity with the play
- Print some activities in advance
- Addressed to prospective theater patrons, but it is easily adaptable by using a film version
- Provides useful resources, including discussion questions, a list of themes, and a bibliography
- Includes interesting handouts about the play's historical context