This Microfluidic Devices and Flow Rate lesson plan also includes:
When you have to flow, you have to flow. The lesson introduces class members to microfluidic devices and their uses in medicine. They watch a short video on how the diameter affects the rate of flow. The worksheet has individuals calculate flow rates using different scenarios in the third part of the four-part series.
- Generate the flow rate equation using a radius as opposed to the diameter
- Work some flow rate problems with the class before assigning them individually
- Pupils should be fluent in solving one- and two-step equations
- The answer sheet shows the mathematical work required to arrive at the solution
- The video is available within the resource, as a download, and on youtube