This Migrant Mother Significance assessment also includes:
What was life like for Migrant Mothers during the Great Depression? High school scholars complete a short assessment relating to primary sources.The assessment tests academics' ability to analyze primary sources by correctly identifying the event in the photo and explaining the historical significance of migrant mothers during the Great Depression.
- Create a visual board of photos that represent the difficulties individuals faced during the Great Depression
- Assign learners to small groups to discuss how they would feel when faced with the same circumstances
- Assumes teachers have a free Stanford History Education Group account to access the assessment
- Assessment relates to multiple social studies topics, like migrant farm workers
- Provides a rubric in the assessment materials for easier grading