Saturn's moon Mimas has a unique composition worth studying. Mimas has a crater that was created 4.1 billion years ago that altered its composition from core to surface. Scholars learn these unique characteristics as they view an out-of-this-world installment of a solar system video series.
- Record new vocabulary in a graphic organizer such as a Frayer diagram
- Follow the lesson with a lab investigation on the formation of craters
- Monitor YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary
- Builds on background knowledge of the solar system