Teach your middle schoolers to use their ears to their highest potential! Pupils practice active listening skills and reflect on how careful listening might prove to be important in and out of the classroom.
313 Views 257 Downloads
- Connect this listening lesson to a lesson on poetry; the plan suggests poems by Edgar Allan Poe as a possibility, but you could choose almost any poem
- Pick and choose the extension activities that relate to your curriculum
- When you open this file in Chrome, the images don't show up, and you'll see blank boxes; however, the images are not relevant to the material (they are pictures of kids working, for the most part). If you really want to see the images, try opening the file in another browser
- Comes with curriculum connection ideas for science, language arts, and social-emotional learning
- Requires learners to think about how they listen and reflect on their learning
- The graphic organizer mentioned in the plan is not included; however, you could create your own using the information provided in the lesson and the thumbnail image of the organizer that is provided