This Mission: Rainforest lesson plan also includes:
Young environmentally conscious mathematicians solve a variety of problems related to the central theme of uncovering illegal logging activities. They determine a base camp based on given constraints, investigate logging activities and sustainability, and identify an escape route.
- Collaborate with a science teacher for this unit
- Use the optional activities as homework assignments
- Lessons use a variety of math concepts; see beginning of each lesson for list of content
- Includes video and audio clips to motivate learners
- Each activity lists websites for additional information