Take a close look at a few paragraphs of Martin Luther King, Jr.s' famous speech, "I Have a Dream." Class members fill in the missing words using the bank of words provided and then respond to a question about the speech and modern day life.
90 Views 76 Downloads
- As an additional support, play a recording of the speech while students fill in the blank spaces
- Take the final question a step further and hold a discussion about the current state of civil rights in our world or assign an essay on this topic
- This is part of a series of worksheets related to the civil rights movement
- Includes a word bank to support learners as they complete this famous speech
- The provided question invites students to truly think about what the world looks like today and could be an effective starting point for discussion
- There is no answer key, but the answers should be relatively easy to determine