This Mode: Boxes of Oranges interactive also includes:
See how your data stacks up. Pupils stack crates of oranges in increasing order, creating a simple bar graph. Using the graph, individuals determine measures of center and describe the shape of the distribution. Scholars determine what would happen if they discover an outlier in the data set.
- Create a vocabulary list for the terms describing shape and center of a data distribution
- Develop other data sets where the mean, median, and mode are roughly the same
- Users need to sign up for a login account
- Provides hints for the challenge questions
- Allows individuals to view the correct answer if they select the wrong one