This Mole of Rice Activity lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Learning about the mole using rice is pretty nice! Help your chemistry scholars visualize the concept of a mole of substance with an easy-to-perform lab. Partnered pupils find the mass of a single grain of rice and relate this information to the volume one mole of rice would occupy if it were spread evenly over the earth's surface.
- Assign the final question of the student worksheet as homework to save time for in-class calculations
- Add a problem that asks the class work from a known volume to determine a number of rice grains
- Ensure learners remember how to convert between liters and cubic centimeters
- Lab is a great combination of chemistry and geometry
- Teacher's guide includes a printable student worksheet