This Molecular View of a Solid interactive also includes:
Why are solids, well ... solid? Take a peek inside a solid substance with an easy-to-use interactive. Science sleuths examine the motion and position of the atoms that make up a solid before drawing conclusions from their observations.
3 Views 4 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Adapt the interactive to include a scenario that adds heat, then ask the class to describe what will happen to the motion of the atoms
- Use the resource in conjunction with interactives that show liquids and gases to allow learners to compare the properties of the three states of matter
- The interactive makes a great day one activity for beginners in the study of states of matter
- Atoms exhibit true-to-life movement throughout the interactive
- Trace a Random Atom feature does not work