This Much Ado 1: A Beautiful Trick video also includes:
Two people hate one another, and then fall in love. The common romantic movie formula first appeared in the play Much Ado About Nothing. As part of the Shakespeare English Exercises series, a video uses the popular play to help teach English language learners key reading and grammar skills. A series of five tasks cover character descriptions and common verb expressions.
- Discuss some of the common themes found in the play and how they appear in lives today
- Share a production of the play from a non-Western culture
- Assumes viewers know the plot of Much Ado About Nothing
- Provides a more global perspective to the work of Shakespeare
- Shares the speaker's background to give a more personal feel
- Combines a series of takes with awkward pauses in between