This Multi-Step Ratio Problems lesson plan also includes:
Use ratios to solve problems that are not proportions. The lesson has pupils solve multi-step ratio problems that involve fractional increases and decreases. The problems are of the form of mark-ups, discounts, commissions, and fees. The lesson is the 14th in a 22-part unit.
- Provide some direct instruction on how to approach fractional increase/decrease type problems
- Encourage the use of multiple strategies to solve the problems
- Includes tape diagrams to help visualize the problem
- Some of the answer keys show the different strategies scholars can use to arrive at the answer
- The scaffolding points out some common errors