Soil may seem flat, but it has dimension. A quick video lesson walks learners through the different dimensions of a sample of soil. Beginning with the linear measurements, the instruction describes the area and volume calculations as well as what they represent.
- Follow the video with practice measuring and calculating area and volume
- Post to a class website as a reference on area and volume
- Expects a basic understanding of measurement
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout
- Uses imagery to help explain the concepts