This My Favorite Activity (Grades K-2) lesson plan also includes:
Scholars discuss the many ways they use persuasion in their everyday lives and brainstorm specific ideas for encouraging someone to do something. With the list of persuasive techniques they made, young writers complete a graphic organizer in order to compose a persuasive essay detailing their favorite activity and reasons why their friends should play along.
- Conduct lesson during English language arts rotations; work with small groups over the course of several days for a more targeted learning approach
- When everyone completes the assignment, invite them to share their favorite activity and reasons why they chose it
- Requires copies and basic classroom essentials
- The background discussion may go longer or shorter, depending on your population's age and level of particpication
- Worksheet provides space for pupils to write directly on the page
- Encourages dialogue and among peers