This Name That Job! lesson plan also includes:
- Educator Guide
- Lesson Plans Content Overview
- Career Readiness Glossary English
- Career Readiness Glossary Spanish
- California Career Center Student Account Setup Instructor's Notes
- California CareerZone Student Account Setup Instructor's Notes
- Name That Job! (doc.)
- Start-Up Video: Name That Job!
- Handouts Only: Name That Job!
- Spanish Handouts: Name That Job!
- Join to access all included materials
Can you name the job that involves scholars, classes, and grades? If you guessed teacher, you just won a round of Name That Job! The second lesson plan in a five-part college and career readiness unit has career seekers team up and go head to head to see who can identify a career based upon simple descriptive words.
- Use the quick write as an exit ticket or closer for that portion of class
- As an extension, plan some Internet time, so individuals can research a new career they learned about during the game
- Make sure student helpers know their roles and are familiar with the career they are describing
- Copy and laminate game cards to use them again and again
- Pupils learn about a large number of careers in a short period of time, all while having fun!
- The quick write at the end of the game helps you assess learning and gives young kids ideas for possible career interests