This Nana's Lemonade activity & project also includes:
Consistency is the key. One lemon wedge per glass of water makes a nice glass of lemonade. Young scholars must identify the number of lemon wedges they need to make the same lemonade in a big gulp cup. They develop their own solution methods to determine the equivalent ratio.
- Bring different size containers and food coloring for pupils to test their solution methods
- Have pupils graph the different ratios on a coordinate plane to make a connection to slope
- Builds on an understanding of equivalent fractions
- Encourages estimation prior to finding a solution
- Incorporates different mathematical concepts in a single task