This Nano Waterproofing activity & project also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
This lesson plan will make an impact, especially on scientist-athletes who may have an interest in waterproof clothing! Acting as materials engineers, they work collaboratively on waterproofing pieces of cotton fabric. This challenge is preceded by reading about nanotechnology and the hydrophobic effect. Expect an enduring effect on emerging engineers!
- Practical real-world application of the scientific concepts covered
- Richly detailed lesson plan and student handout
- Next Generation Science Standards can be addressed with this activity
- Though the publisher mentions a wide range of grades for this lesson, be aware that the reading may be above most third graders' understanding