Viewers examine power expressions with negative exponents through a video that shows four examples of simplifying a negative exponent to create an expression with only positive exponents. Examples include both integers and variables.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Have your classes record exponent rules in a foldable or graphic organizer to use as reference
- Create problems that incorporate negative exponents with other exponent rules
- Expects learners to understand the definition of an exponent
- Explains the difference between a power expression with a negative sign inside the parentheses and one outside the parentheses
- Does not give an explanation for rule for negative exponents