This Oceans on the Rise lesson plan also includes:
Temperature rises and land disappears! Through a lab exploration, learners understand the effect of temperature increase on water similar to the effect of global warming on our oceans. As they heat the water in a flask, they measure the volume in relation to the increased temperature.
- Have pupils research specific coastal areas where rising sea levels have become a threat
- Show a video that highlights the dangers of rising sea levels to introduce the lesson
- Activity requires specific materials and time for set up prior to the lesson
- Includes colorful images created from satellite data
- Provides a graphical analysis of data