An engaging resource provides viewers with information about the founding of the Black Panther Party and social programs like its food bank that the party created. The video clips also describe the political views of the party and their goals for the civil rights movement.
- Compare the Black Panther Party to other activists in the civil rights movement
- Use the resource to prompt a discussion on equality and the civil rights movement
- A free C-SPAN Classroom account is required to access the resource, or use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Resource is a great tool to open a discussion on African Americans' struggle for equality
- The video provides multiple viewpoints from former members of the Blank Panther Party