The Tet Offensive is the focus of video clips that show academics how the media viewed the Tet Offensive and how they affected others' views of the Vietnam War. The clips include a mixture of archival footage and a taped lesson. A third clip shows soldiers from opposing sides of the Tet Offensive meeting years later where the event took place.
- Use the clips to have learners create their own news broadcasts on the Tet Offensive
- Pair the clips with a lesson on the opposition to the Vietnam War
- A free C-SPAN classroom account is required to view video clips
- Teachers must create one or use the following login credentials: Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Some clips show actual broadcasts from the time of the Tet Offensive
- Showcases different points of view of the Vietnam War