This Plop It! interactive also includes:
Build upon and stack up data to get the complete picture. Using the applet, pupils build bar graphs. As the bar graph builds, the interactive graphically displays the mean, median, and mode. Learners finish by exploring the changes in the measures of center with different data distributions.
- Provide the class with specific means, medians, and modes and have them create a data set that has those statistics
- Use the bar graph to show how the mean can be interpreted as the balance point
- Individuals should know the difference between mean, median, and mode
- Uses colors to distinguish between the bars
- Provides links to related resources within Shodor