This Organic Names—Functional Groups interactive also includes:
Worried that your lesson plan about functional groups is dysfunctional? Liven things up with interactive puzzles! Curious chemists arrange functional groups based on name, formula, suffix, and an example. The challenge begins when the class solves puzzles using the functional group information from the first puzzle.
- The resource makes a great overview of organic compounds for beginners
- Show the class examples of each molecule using a molecular modeling kit
- Pupils should be aware of organic chemistry nomenclature and chemical components
- The activity packs a lot of information into an interactive format
- The Teacher's Area contains an answer key and printable puzzles for easy offline teaching