This Outline Workshop: Responding to Friendly and Skeptical Questions lesson plan also includes:
Answering questions is the best way to hone and revise your argument. Foster receptive writers with a workshop activity that promotes peer editing and argumentative writing skills. Given lists of both friendly and skeptical questions, learners help their classmates strengthen written arguments and evidence-based claims.
- Have learners come up with their own questions and augment the list with their ideas
- Incorporate into a larger research unit or when hosting a writer's workshop
- The eighth lesson in a series of 12, all of which are based on Kate L. Turabian's Student's Guide to Writing College Papers
- Provides questions that address evidence, reasons, and big picture for each argument
- Combines skills for the writing process and supporting a claim