This Passing Traits to Offspring lesson plan also includes:
What makes each one of us unique? Lead your class in this exciting and educational activity as you uncover traits that show how each individual is different from another. Pupils explore facts about DNA technology and predict the probability of genetic inheritance by using a Punnett square.
- Describe specific ways genetic engineering is beneficial to our society, especially in agriculture
- Research various disorders common to domestic dogs that are inbred
- Assumes students have basic knowledge of heredity and genetics
- Opportunity for student interaction throughout the entire activity
- May be modified as needed for time or class requirements