What makes you want to buy that new car? Or vote for that popular politician? Study the persuasive techniques commonly found in advertisements or argumentative writing, including repetition, exaggeration, and fact vs. opinion.
46 Views 43 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Hand out the worksheets for homework before your instruction on persuasive writing for a flipped classroom discussion
- Have small groups of learners design advertisements for popular (or unpopular) products based on any number of the persuasive techniques from the lesson
- Encourage your class to watch commercials or bring in magazine advertisements that represent one or more of the listed techniques
- The resource was published in Britain, and contains many phrases that would be more familiar to British classes
- Versatile format makes it a great addition to language arts or social studies
- First page includes teaching tips and instructional ideas