This Petition Against Annexation of Hawaii interactive also includes:
Stop westward expansion! The quick activity delves into the past to understand the petition against the annexation of Hawaii by the United States. Scholars analyze the petition to understand why native Hawaiians were against the annexation of their islands state. They complete a worksheet and participate in group discussion to understand the impact of the event.
- Compare American and British Imperialism
- Create a visual timeline of events leading to the annexation of Hawaii
- The activity requires Internet access
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The short length of the activity makes it easy to incorporate into a lesson
- Activity works as a group exercise or individually