Acids and bases are a part of our daily lives! Curious chemists explore the pH of such solutions as shampoo, sriracha, and glass cleaner through a video from Socratica's Chemistry Lessons series. The narrator predicts what she thinks the pH of each substance will be, then tests it using a digital pH meter.
- The video makes a great way to kick off an acid-base chemistry unit
- Bring additional examples to class, then test their pHs with a meter or indicator solution
- Pupils should be aware of the properties of acids and bases
- The video uses well-known examples to illustrate the concept of pH, making it very relatable
- Narrator stresses the properties of acids and bases as she tests each item